Channing Division of Network Medicine
The Channing Division of Network Medicine originated in 1958 as the Channing Laboratory, which was formed at Boston City Hospital to support primary research on infectious disease and chronic disease epidemiology. In 1975, the Channing Lab became a research division in the Department of Medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. It became the Channing Division of Network Medicine in 2012.
Brigham and Women’s Hospital
In 1980, three of Boston’s oldest and most prestigious Harvard Medical School teaching hospitals–the Peter Bent Brigham Hospital, the Robert Breck Brigham Hospital, and the Boston Hospital for Women–merged to form Brigham and Women’s Hospital. BWH has a legacy of excellence that continues to grow, with two hospitals and more than 150 outpatient practices serving patients from New England, throughout the United States, and internationally.
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health began as the Harvard-MIT School of Health Officers, founded in 1913 to provide the first professional training program of public health in America. Many of the advances in public health in the 20th century originated in the School.